PLD Space is a pioneering Spanish company in the aerospace sector and a reference within Europe in the development of reusable rockets, with a recognized prestige in the sector and a solid project that has become a reality through its launch vehicles: the MIURA 1 suborbital and MIURA 5 orbital rockets, which will place Spain among the few countries with the capacity to successfully send small satellites to space.
With a decade of history, PLD Space plans to launch its MIURA 1 flight unit in the beginning of 2023 and tackle its first real space transport mission with MIURA 5 in 2024. The firm, based in Elche (Alicante) and with technical facilities in Teruel, Huelva and French Guiana, has already achieved more than $50 million of investment to drive forward its project in the space sector.
PRODUCTOS Y SERVICIOS
- MIURA 1: MIURA 1 is a single-stage suborbital launch vehicle with a length of 12.5 meters, a diameter of 0.7 meters and a takeoff mass of 2,550 kilograms. This micro-launcher can lift a payload mass of 100 kilograms. After a total flight time of about 12.5 minutes, including several minutes of microgravity, the rocket will fall approximately 70 kilometers from the coast. It will then be recovered by ship and the payload will be returned to the customer.
- MIURA 5: MIURA 5 is a reusable two-stage orbital launch vehicle with an overall length of 34 meters and diameter of two meters. MIURA 5 can deliver payloads to a variety of altitudes and inclinations from the French Guiana Space Center, CSG. As a reference orbit, MIURA 5 can launch 540 kg of payload into a 500 km Sun Synchronous Orbit (SSO).
- European Space Agency (ESA)
- European Commission (EC)
- Center of Applied Space Technology and Microgravity (ZARM)
- Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University