IDONIAL TECHNOLOGY CENTRE
IDONIAL Technology Centre was established in 2019 as a result of the merger of the ITMA and PRODINTEC centers with 28 and 14 years of experience respectively, which have opted to join efforts to address new challenges and provide our customers with tailor-made solutions related to the development of materials, advanced manufacturing and the digital industry through technological development and innovation.
For this purpose, the centre has a wide technological offer oriented to the needs of companies applicable to a wide range of industrial sectors and with an expert and multidisciplinary team with an interest in development and innovation.
PRODUCTS & SERVICES
- Advanced design and component optimization
- Manufacturing and process optimization (metals, polymers, ceramics, concrete/mortar)
- Development of ad hoc tecnologies
- Large-scale 3D printing (WAAM, BAAM, construction materials)
- Functionalization and integration of 3D electronics.
- Robotics and machine vision
- Virtual and augmented reality
- Connected systems and artificial intelligence
- Digital twin and process simulation
Steel and metallic alloys
- Development and application of new steel products.
- Development of new metallic alloys & coatings
- Solid state phase transformations
- Structural mechanics and advanced characterization
- Personalized product and custom equipment
- Flexible printed electronics
- Electroactive materials
- Photoactive materials
- Thermo-mechanical simulation
- Fluid-dynamics simulation
- Coupled Analysis ( (FSI)
- Process simulation
Welding and joining technologies
- Design of robotic solutions.
- Weldability studies.
- Design and manufacture of welding tools and special heads.
- Study of strategies in welding sequences, adjustment of parameters and analysis of distorsions. Secuence analysis FEA. Welding plan.
- Design of heat or specific treatments
- Execution of welding procedures and welder homologation
- Manufacture of customised reference blocks with induced flaws for non-destructive testing.
Surfaces and coatings
- Study and management of corrosion
- Analysis and evaluation of life in service.
- Semi-conductor, dielectric or transparent conductive coatings (optics and photonics)
- Metallic and carbon coatings
- Hydrophobic coatings for self-cleaning, anti-wear or anti-scratch applications.
- Biocide coatings for medical applications or micro-sensors.
Refractories, ceramics and raw materials
- Thermo-mechanical and physical-chemical characterization. Post-mortem studies.
- Formulation design.
- Rheological studies of slips.
- Forming by uniaxial press, isostatic press and extrusion.
- Design and evaluation of thermal treatments: drying and sintering.
- Chemical Analysis
- Corrosion Studies
- Mechanical and Electronic Design
- Structural Integrity and Mechanics lab
- Refractories materials lab
- Plastics Lab
- Product and Process Workshop
- R&D center for vertical transport
NUCLEODET-CZTS project: Portable detectors at room temperature based on CdZnTe and CdZnTeSe for the early detection of nuclear weapons.
Programme: Coincidente 2022. Ministry of Defense (Spain).
IMPACT Project: sistemas de protección más ligeros para defensa mediante impresión 3D.
Programme: Coincidente 2020. Ministry of Defense (Spain).
Manufacture of parts in the area of operations in NATO maneuvers during the Capable Logistician Exercise (CL19) carried out in the Drawsko Pomorskie training area (Poland) in June 2019.
AMFaD - Additive Manufacturing Feasibility Study & Technology Demonstration
Study to evaluate the areas within the defense sector where additive manufacturing can have a positive impact and provide added value. Technological demonstration of feasibility through the integral development of an air-transportable and autonomous 3D printing laboratory validated in a real military scenario.
Programme: European Defense Agency tender (2017)
Parque Científico Tecnológico de Gijón, zona INTRA - “Antiguo secadero de tabacos”
33203 Gijón, Asturias. España
+34 984 390 060
Juan Carlos Piquero