FOTÓNICA21, PLATAFORMA TECNOLÓGICA ESPAÑOLA DE FOTÓNICA
Fotónica21, the Spanish Photonics Technological Platform, is the structuring agent for the entire value chain of the photonics sector in Spain. With more than 300 members, it gathers universities, research centers, SMEs and large companies, and public entities; whose interaction fosters the generation of solutions that respond to sectoral demands. The transversality of photonics as a facilitating technology makes it a key technology in a multitude of applications, including those related to the Security and Defence sector. Photonics encompasses the sensing of a multitude of physical variables, the use of sources such as fibre optic lasers, optoelectronic elements, and not only optical communications but also emerging fields such as quantum. As an example, advanced photonic detection using LiDAR (Light Imaging, Detection, And Ranging), enables object detection and identification with high precision and accuracy.
Fotonica21's activity is financed by the State Research Agency.
PRODUCTS & SERVICES
- Networking activities for companies in deep-tech technologies
- Analysis of strategies and funding opportunities for innovation in Photonics
- Generation of a community of contents related to Photonics
- Funding opportunities through Spanish and international innovation hubs (PhotonHub Europe)
- Dissemination of photonics in different markets (Photonics for Defence workshop,18/05/2023 in FEINDEF2023).
- Bridge with the different Platforms and Public Private Partnerships in Europe.
- Agencia Estatal de Investigación
- PhotonHub Europe