ASTURIAS HUB DEFENSA
The Defence Industry HUB is a business association made up of 33 companies in the sector based in the Principality of Asturias. The objective is to boost and promote research, development and innovation of companies related to the defence industry as an instrument for its growth and competitive improvement.
The main concept is to develop a region specialised in certain technological areas where it provides differentiated value; with a sense of agglutination and coordination of agents of Asturias and national R&D eco-system; capable of attracting new members from outside the region who identify us as key to the development of demonstrators and prototypes in certain areas and highly qualified people; with local economic impact, but working at a global level and with a high level of coordination with the needs of the Ministry of Defence and the rest of the defence industry in Spain.
PRODUCTS & SERVICES
The Asturias HUB for the Defense Industry contributes to:
- Coordinating all regional agents (companies, academia, technological centers, and public administration) that are working in the Defense sector and carrying out technological development tasks in said sector, through the design and execution of a technological innovation roadmap.
- Increasing the presence of technological providers and technology demanders in the Defense sector's supply chain.
- Identifying and executing technological demonstration projects that serve as proof of concept with the ability to be implemented in Defense in the short-medium term.
- Coordinating actions to attract innovation funds at the national and international levels for the development of technological actions.
- Increasing the technological reputation and visibility of companies among the main technological agents in the Defense sector.
- Promoting professional vocations oriented towards the Defense industry, with a special emphasis on specialized professional training.